Need HELP ?
We hope you won't need to come here but these are some common questions people ask:
Your shopping basket holds its contents for 1 hour,
so you can always just print it out and post it to us if all else fails
Smartphone / Tablet : I can't find the list of seeds???
You need to click on the menu icon at the top left to roll out the menu:
Checkout: It won't accept my email address!
We don't do ANY checking on the email address. There just has to be something in the 'email' field, and this has to exactly match the 'confirm email' field. Thats it!
We see 2 problems on some phones and tablets:
1) Your tablet auto-fills the 'email' field but not the 'confirm email' field & you don't notice.
2) Or your tablet autofills the email field with PART of your email address (email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org)
AND puts a space on the end so when you type the missing ".uk" there is a space in the middle of the email address.
If you have with different text in the two email fields it will not let you check out.
(The auto-fill thing is nothing to do with us, its a thing your device or browser is doing, and is outside our control.)
Checkout: I get an internal server error 5003!
This is a problem with your browser talking to the 3D-Secure system provided by your bank.
The best fix is to use a different browser, or to clear your browser cache (here for instructions)
Security: Do you keep a copy of my card details?
No, never. We don't ever get to see your card details, or your password, or anything. We just get a credit to our bank account, plus an email saying what you ordered.
Your card details are only ever in the hands of the card processor - SagePay - and not us.
Security: Why do you make me do this STUPID "Verified by Visa - 3D Secure" thing?
We know its maddening. But its something your bank is insisting on - not us. We think it just makes it all more complicated to be honest. But if your bank insists on it, that's up to them.
An important note: If you give up at this point, your payment will
not be made & you'll not get your seeds.
AAAAAAARGH! It just won't accept my **@@*! credit card!
We're really sorry. It's absolutely infuriating, we know. Possible reasons:
- The billing address you gave is not exactly the same address the card is registered at. They do now check, every time, that it matches.
- If you're living abroad it stops working. Especially if you have a UK bank-card registered to your foreign address.They simply don't like you living in one country and having your bank in another.
- The most successful way is to use a card from a bank in the country you're living in - basically the order , billing , and bank address all need to be in the same country. If it doesn't work, just send us a cheque (in sterling, drawn on a UK bank).
What to do?
- If you have one, try another card a second time.
- Please do not keep trying and trying. You can end up placing multiple orders. If you think you might have done this, let us know & we'll sort it. We can refund any mistaken payments even several days later, so don't panic.
- Otherwise, take a deep breath, and have a nice cup of tea. Then
print out your shopping cart and send to us with a cheque! Remember
to write your address on it, of course.
I placed an order OK but realised afterwards I put in my old address.
This seems to happen quite often for some reason. (Why???) We're happy to help but seriously, we can only send the seeds to the address you tell us about! If you've just realised you've asked for them to go to the wrong place email or call us QUICKLY before we send them out.
Problems with the Seeds (we really hope you won't need this bit)
Where are my seeds? I ordered X days ago and they're not here!
You should almost always
get your seeds within 10 working days. Several things can go wrong:
-Things get lost occasionally in the post.
-People very often forget to put their name & address on paper orders so we can't send it out or contact them.
-People think they have ordered online but actually gave up before confirming the payment. If you completed ordering on line you will get an email copy of the order!
- Very very occasionally the shopping cart system can get stuck & forget to tell us about your order (five people last year)
Please call or email us and we'll do our best to find
out what is happening.
Lost & confused orders are replaced ASAP
I got my order thanks but somethings wrong with it.
We're really sorry. We pack them all very carefully
by hand but its inevitable that sometimes we'll put in the wrong thing
Call or email and we'll sort it out straight away. It helps if you have your postcode or order number to hand.
I planted my seeds but am not happy with how they grew/tasted/looked
We will of course replace or refund . Please call or
email us & we'll sort it out.
We know our seeds should be the best and if something has gone wrong we'll fix it.